Google
Custom Search

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Darwinism and popular culture: Tell me again that Darwinism isn't a religion?

Please keep telling me because events keep making me forget ...

Note: The recently advertised podcasts are below.

A press release just landed in my mailbox for Creation, a pro-Darwin film to be aired at the Toronto International Film Festival, according to which we learn,
“Creation” is the story of Charles Darwin and his master-work "The Origin of Species." It tells the story of the world-renowned scientist, crushed by the loss of a daughter, who conceives a book about the non-existence of God and the global revolution played out in the confines of a small English village.
Oh, so that's what it really is all about then?

Someone from the BBC wants to interview me. I am not sure about that, because I am concerned that they are looking for a gap-tooth Canadian moron to spout Bible verses, rock the tent, and handle snakes. I'm okay with the last, with proper tools, though not as a religious exercise. (In case anyone cares, the main thing is to grab the snake firmly by the neck with long-handled tongs, at which point he has no further defences.)

As I have pointed out many times, the issues around the Darwin cult have never been politicized in Canada, for good political reasons. Various Darwinists have also tried to flog up a big scare about Canadians being afraid of science, but it is rubbish. Maybe the BBC will believe it though.

Aw, let 'em believe what they want. Bring it on.

Find out the real reasons that there is an intelligent design controversy:

Labels: ,

Who links to me?